Google launched the new measurement feature for the Google Maps app on Wednesday. It has updated the app for iPhone and iPad.
Usually, People uses the Maps to find out the location of the person or a particular place, for example, how far away someone is and how long it will take to get there via public transport, car or walking. But sometimes these ways fails to reveal the actual Estimation of the distance between points and places on the map.
Using Google’s new feature called “measure distance” for iOS; you can now calculate the exact geographical distance between two or more points on the Google map. For example, you can measure the distance in straight lines between two Places.
This new feature may be useful for cyclists or runners to measure their routes by mileage. You can also use it for making fun drawings.
You can follow these steps to measure the distance between multiple points in Google Map:
- Touch and hold anywhere on the map
- Type the name of the place at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “Measure distance,” and move the map and tap the blue “Add point” button.
- You can add multiple points and the accumulative distance will discover in the bottom left.
- You can use undo arrow from the top right to remove the last point. And to clear all points to tap the three dots from the top right and select clear.